Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

How do I prevent an image from downloading?

darthvad302

On some websites I visit, there are links to jpeg and gif files. When I click on them, the browser asks permission to download the image, and when I accept, downloads and displays the image in Preview. What I want to happen instead is for the image to display in a new tab in Firefox and not download at all. I have found how to get the image to display in a new tab, but it still asks first and downloads as well. I just want to view the image in the browser, not download it as well. Is this possible, and if so, how can I accomplish this?

On some websites I visit, there are links to jpeg and gif files. When I click on them, the browser asks permission to download the image, and when I accept, downloads and displays the image in Preview. What I want to happen instead is for the image to display in a new tab in Firefox and not download at all. I have found how to get the image to display in a new tab, but it still asks first and downloads as well. I just want to view the image in the browser, not download it as well. Is this possible, and if so, how can I accomplish this?

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Soluție aleasă

Thanks, that's a great help.