Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

cannot sign in to mozilla forum

IBM1401Oldie

Updated to FF 14.0.1 - I now have 2 dozen shortcuts that were associated with FF - with no association. When clicked, I get msg: "file does not have a program associated" How do I re-associate them. I also have several IE shortcuts that have the same problem.

Updated to FF 14.0.1 - I now have 2 dozen shortcuts that were associated with FF - with no association. When clicked, I get msg: "file does not have a program associated" How do I re-associate them. I also have several IE shortcuts that have the same problem.

Toate răspunsurile (4)

Soluție aleasă

Hi,

Please also try this: Windows Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program > look for .url > Change Program > Browse and select Firefox.

Firefox installation directory path

Default Programs

DUH! Thanks dumdidadida. Good ole' MS did it again. When I got the msg: [This file does not have ... Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.] I went to Control Panel - and guess what? No "Set Associations" there. I went to START and searched for "Set Associations" - and got - (drum roll please) -"nothing!". Of course it's called "Default Programs". Why in the name of all that's holy wouldn't MS refer you to "Default Programs" when you Search their description (Capitalized) of Set Associations in (their) error message window? I dun bin doin computers since 1968 with an IBM 1401 and I am still constantly amazed! (... Of course I thought Richard Nixon was going to be innocent too! - Like my Mom said afterwards, "That SOB really did it didn't he?) Thanks again.

No problem :)