Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Deschis

Firefox in V. 157.0 still stalls, predictably on opening a new browser tab

m-stocker

Well I am continuing and repeating my question placed in August 2026, where I found that Firefox V154.x stalled in an erratic way that made it completely impossible to use it or to send a crash report. So your suggestion to send a crash report was not very bright or helpful. I deliberately omitted the subsequent updates, to try again after a main version update. Alas, we have the same situation again in V157.0, this time more predictible. The program stalls immediately after trying to open another tab. And again, you can kill the program only by task manager.

The additional question I have, is how to switch off the annoying update message, as long as Firefox is dysfunctional after an update, I'd like to avoid any update under all circumstances. I have to work with Firefox, so it is more than an leisure thing for me, I cannot afford to cripple Firefox by an unintended update.

I had to reinstall the last known working version (153.03) to send this message.

Well I am continuing and repeating my question placed in August 2026, where I found that Firefox V154.x stalled in an erratic way that made it completely impossible to use it or to send a crash report. So your suggestion to send a crash report was not very bright or helpful. I deliberately omitted the subsequent updates, to try again after a main version update. Alas, we have the same situation again in V157.0, this time more predictible. The program stalls immediately after trying to open another tab. And again, you can kill the program only by task manager. The additional question I have, is how to switch off the annoying update message, as long as Firefox is dysfunctional after an update, I'd like to avoid any update under all circumstances. I have to work with Firefox, so it is more than an leisure thing for me, I cannot afford to cripple Firefox by an unintended update. I had to reinstall the last known working version (153.03) to send this message.

Trebuie să intri în cont ca să răspunzi la o postare. Te rugăm să adresezi o întrebare nouă dacă nu ai încă un cont.