Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Deschis

wrong IP address giving bad search results

xplodoii

I'm in Winnipeg, and my IP address says that as well, but when I search for things in Firefox and Chrome it puts me in Ontario since I changed ISP. Very annoying having to change store on every site, every time.

I'm in Winnipeg, and my IP address says that as well, but when I search for things in Firefox and Chrome it puts me in Ontario since I changed ISP. Very annoying having to change store on every site, every time.

Toate răspunsurile (1)

Since this happens "on every site" and in both of your browsers, the issue stems from your internet service provider.

To allow Firefox to use data other than just your IP address—such as location data derived from Wi-Fi—add the search engine to the list of sites permitted to access your location.

Go to the search engine's page e.g., www.google.com, click the shield icon, then select "Connection secure" > "More site information" > the "Permissions" tab, and set the "Access your location" option to "Allow."

Test again

More info Does Firefox share my location with websites?

How do I undo a permission granted to a site?

Adresează o întrebare

Trebuie să intri în cont ca să răspunzi la o postare. Te rugăm să adresezi o întrebare nouă dacă nu ai încă un cont.