Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Deschis

Export/Import accounts only

johannes

As all my email/vcal/vcar accounts are server backed I don't need, in fact I don't want backups of my emails/calender/contacts/configuration but I do want export and import of all the _settings_ for these to setup a new computer quickly.

Is this something that was not considered when developing the export/import function? Or did I oversee something? I know I can only select accounts but than non of the caldev accounts are carried over.

As all my email/vcal/vcar accounts are server backed I don't need, in fact I don't want backups of my emails/calender/contacts/configuration but I do want export and import of all the _settings_ for these to setup a new computer quickly. Is this something that was not considered when developing the export/import function? Or did I oversee something? I know I can only select accounts but than non of the caldev accounts are carried over.

Toate răspunsurile (1)

Settings to set up a new computer quickly includes everything. You need the pop / imap accounts and Local Folder information which is in the profile and mentioned in various files.

Backup manually is very simple. If using Windows then I created a question in this Support Forum with info on how to do it. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1587693

However, if using Linux systems then the .thunderbird folder to copy depends upon whether you got the download install from the Thunderbird webpage:

Then it will be here: ~/.thunderbird

If using snap then it should be here:

  • home/username/snap/thunderbird/common/.thunderbird

If using Flatpak then it should be here:

  • ~/.var/app/org.mozilla.Thunderbird/.thunderbird


If using a MAC, profile should be here

  • ~/Library/Thunderbird

Copy the Thunderbird folder as it contains everything.

Once you have saved the .thunderbird folder: If you really, do not want to save all the emails that are in IMAP accounts - and let's hope you do not lose them off the server and never need to recover them and remember it would mean a complete redownload of absolutely everything. There are plenty of times, I've had to help someone get all backup emails back onto a server after a computer crash or Anti-Virus killed a load of emails and then because it was an imap account, the empty folders synch with server and killed everything on server - it really is a good idea to keep your own backup that is not dependent on a server.

Look in: .thunderbird/profile name/ImapMail/ select the imap mail account folder to see contents and remove all the contents - do not remove the actual imap account name folder.

Do not emove contents of any account in the 'Mail' folder as it is likely to be your only copy.

Adresează o întrebare

Trebuie să intri în cont ca să răspunzi la o postare. Te rugăm să adresezi o întrebare nouă dacă nu ai încă un cont.