Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Deschis

Sky news site security risk.

pete_scott2

There is seriously something wrong with the way Firefox operates. There is nothing wrong with the following site so why am I seeing this message?

Be careful. Something doesn’t look right.

Firefox spotted a potentially serious security issue with news.sky.com. Someone pretending to be the site could try to steal things like credit card info, passwords, or emails.

news.sky.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site. Advanced What makes the site look dangerous?

The site is set up to allow only secure connections, but there’s a problem with the site’s certificate. It’s possible that a bad actor is trying to impersonate the site. Sites use certificates issued by a certificate authority to prove they’re really who they say they are. Firefox doesn’t trust this site because its certificate isn’t valid for news.sky.com. The certificate is only valid for: . What can you do about it?

news.sky.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

There is seriously something wrong with the way Firefox operates. There is nothing wrong with the following site so why am I seeing this message? Be careful. Something doesn’t look right. Firefox spotted a potentially serious security issue with news.sky.com. Someone pretending to be the site could try to steal things like credit card info, passwords, or emails. news.sky.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site. Advanced What makes the site look dangerous? The site is set up to allow only secure connections, but there’s a problem with the site’s certificate. It’s possible that a bad actor is trying to impersonate the site. Sites use certificates issued by a certificate authority to prove they’re really who they say they are. Firefox doesn’t trust this site because its certificate isn’t valid for news.sky.com. The certificate is only valid for: . What can you do about it? news.sky.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

Toate răspunsurile (5)

I already seen the article you linked to before I posed the question. Doesn't tell me anything I didn't know. Anyway the problem rectified itself without me doing anything. So this post can be deleted. Oh and why can we not delete any posts?

Deleting posts mid-stream would complicate the query, also if you have resolved an issue it can be useful for others. . . . . if they search . . . . lol

Okay so now I have this problem.

I go to news.sky.com and get this url coming up instead. M.baidu.com I have no idea how it got there but when I use Opera browser it loads fine. I have checked addons and done troubleshooting but it still shows the Chinese search engine. By the way I am in China.

Edit. Now skysports is acting up again as in my original post. It's obviously something wrong with Firefox's security protocols

Modificat la de pete_scott2

This is STILL NOT WORKING RIGHT. Do something Firefox admin. The problem is NOT on my end it is a problem with the browser and I can access the site on Opera browser which is one I detest using but have no choice.

Adresează o întrebare

Trebuie să intri în cont ca să răspunzi la o postare. Te rugăm să adresezi o întrebare nouă dacă nu ai încă un cont.