Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

updates disabled by your system administrator

phillstroud

So I need to update my Firefox Browser to 128 BUT somehow "Updates disabled by your system administrator." and as I am the only user I have never set up an administrator.

So I have had a look and I don't understand most of what I am reading.

So about:policies.... DisableAppUpdate true So how do I change that? I have looked at Reg Editor but have no idea what I am looking at.

It took me a long time to update to Firefox 121 because I did not like some of the changes Mozilla did to it like spacing between Bookmarks in the dropdown so to update again is a big thing for me. Attached as much as I think is relevant. Any help will be much appreciated.

So I need to update my Firefox Browser to 128 BUT somehow "Updates disabled by your system administrator." and as I am the only user I have never set up an administrator. So I have had a look and I don't understand most of what I am reading. So about:policies.... DisableAppUpdate true So how do I change that? I have looked at Reg Editor but have no idea what I am looking at. It took me a long time to update to Firefox 121 because I did not like some of the changes Mozilla did to it like spacing between Bookmarks in the dropdown so to update again is a big thing for me. Attached as much as I think is relevant. Any help will be much appreciated.
Capturi de ecran atașate

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Soluție aleasă

jonzn4SUSE

Thank you so much for your reply.

It did take me a bit of rooting around but finally found what I was looking for in one of the hot keys and deleted the DisableAppUpdate policies and all working as it should.

As you can see from the attached it was not where it was expected to be. I found it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER Policies Mozilla Firefox

Again thank you for your help. Haha not bad for an old guy hey.