Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Inhibits Power Management

borgward

Firefox inhibits power management, causing the screensaver to not activate. This happens when I am not running a video. It happens if I open a website that has video but I do not run the video. If I turn off Firefox the screensaver works. Screensaver is set to activate at 5 minutes. Power Management is set to turn off screen when inactive for 7 minutes. Linuxmint 21.3. and on another computer - Linuxmint 22.0

Firefox inhibits power management, causing the screensaver to not activate. This happens when I am not running a video. It happens if I open a website that has video but I do not run the video. If I turn off Firefox the screensaver works. Screensaver is set to activate at 5 minutes. Power Management is set to turn off screen when inactive for 7 minutes. Linuxmint 21.3. and on another computer - Linuxmint 22.0

Toate răspunsurile (6)

Konqueror Browser is not inhibiting screensaver if video is not running.

Does not inhibit screensaver if only blank page is displayed

Perhaps your website uses Wake Lock API which is implemented in Firefox since version 126.

Try to enter about:config in the address bar and switch dom.screenwakelock.enabled to false.

Before I do that, a question. If I mark it false will the screensaver activate while I am watching a video?

I don't think so, just try it.

Works now. Screensaver stays off while watching Video and enables after specified time otherwise.