Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Firefox thinks that password field on one website is a username field, so won't generate new password

a.smith2

I'm using one website which demands a new password every three months. That would be easy if the Firefox automatic generation of a new secure password worked with this site but it doesn't. Firefox thinks that both the Password and Confirm Password fields are asking for a username instead. Obviously I can take this up with with the website owner too -- but is there any other means of generating an obscure password when Firefox won't do it? An app? A Firefox plug-in?

I'm using one website which demands a new password every three months. That would be easy if the Firefox automatic generation of a new secure password worked with this site but it doesn't. Firefox thinks that both the Password and Confirm Password fields are asking for a username instead. Obviously I can take this up with with the website owner too -- but is there any other means of generating an obscure password when Firefox won't do it? An app? A Firefox plug-in?

Toate răspunsurile (1)

Sorry to have posted too soon, since I've just answered my question by leaving the word "Firefox" out of the question I typed in when I tried again. The first response was https://www.dashlane.com/features/password-generator, which met my needs.