Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Why was my Promary password gone?

Clutch

After one of the last FF updates, I noticed that I no longer needed to enter my Primary (Master) password to sync or access my logins or site passwords. After a bit of checking, I found that in FF/Tools/Options/Privacy & Security... My "Use Primary Password" box was unchecked! Was I hacked? I use full-time Malwarebytes (licensed) along with Win10 Security (which are suppose to play nice together; and have for years). I never received any indication of an issue from either app. Multiple (full) scans came back clean.

Or was this an inadvertent change caused by one of the later FF updates?

Btw, I use the same W10 and FF on several other machines, with virtually the same setup; none of which experienced this issue.

After one of the last FF updates, I noticed that I no longer needed to enter my Primary (Master) password to sync or access my logins or site passwords. After a bit of checking, I found that in FF/Tools/Options/Privacy & Security... My "Use Primary Password" box was unchecked! Was I hacked? I use full-time Malwarebytes (licensed) along with Win10 Security (which are suppose to play nice together; and ''have'' for years). I never received any indication of an issue from either app. Multiple (full) scans came back clean. Or was this an inadvertent change caused by one of the later FF updates? Btw, I use the same W10 and FF on several other machines, with virtually the same setup; none of which experienced this issue.

Modificat la de Clutch

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Did you make sure that you still used your previously used profile and haven't switched to another profile ?

Thanks. Once I found the problem, I was able to simply re-enter my password and all was normal again. No real problem. I was just curious how it happened. And yes, I only have the one profile; the default profile.