Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Clarification about changing from POP to IMAP

harpthorn

I would like clarification about changing Thunderbird email to IMAP. On one of my devices I use POP to access my email accounts, other devices use IMAP. The POP account is set to NOT delete email from the server so all the emails I need are still on the server. Am I correct that if I delete the POP email accounts from Thunderbird the emails stored on the device will be deleted but still be left on the server. So I can just delete the POP accounts from Thunderbird and then add them as IMAP without losing emails from the server.

I would like clarification about changing Thunderbird email to IMAP. On one of my devices I use POP to access my email accounts, other devices use IMAP. The POP account is set to NOT delete email from the server so all the emails I need are still on the server. Am I correct that if I delete the POP email accounts from Thunderbird the emails stored on the device will be deleted but still be left on the server. So I can just delete the POP accounts from Thunderbird and then add them as IMAP without losing emails from the server.

Toate răspunsurile (1)

Thanks for that. Just wanted to make sure before I went ahead.