Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Thunderbird 52.8 on Ubuntu - how to disable automatically mark as read

ahcweb

I'm running Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and I can not find where to change the settings for how quickly an email is marked as read. All of the other posts on this subject seem to be talking about Windows rather than Linux, and the setup is clearly quite different, ie in Thunderbird for Windows, it's Tools > Options > Display > Advanced; in Thunderbird for Linux, I presume it's somewhere under Edit > Preferences, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anybody please help?

I'm running Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and I can not find where to change the settings for how quickly an email is marked as read. All of the other posts on this subject seem to be talking about Windows rather than Linux, and the setup is clearly quite different, ie in Thunderbird for Windows, it's Tools > Options > Display > Advanced; in Thunderbird for Linux, I presume it's somewhere under Edit > Preferences, but I can't find it anywhere. Can anybody please help?

Toate răspunsurile (1)

Thanks @sfhowes and @airmail. The "Formatting", "Tags" and "Advanced" words under Edit - Preferences - Display don't look at all as though they are clickable, either as tabs or buttons, so thanks again for clarifying.