Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Archiving emails fails to delete them from Hotmail, but creates the duplicates in an archive folder, then keeps duplicating the emails in the archive.

LuxDie

I configured my Hotmail account with Thunderbird 38.1.0. After downloading all of my emails from the server, I tried to archive all my email from 2007 (about 1300 messages). Thunderbird moved the local mails to an archive folder, and succeeded to create the archive folder in Hotmail and create the mails there, but failed to delete the mails from the inbox. So, next thing Thunderbird does is redownload all of the deleted mails, since its trying to synchronize the inbox with the server. Up to this point it wouln't be so bad. I'd just have to delete the archive folder and retry. But then, it looks like Thunderbird retries the operation, getting the same result, and adding duplicates of all the messages in the archive folder (both locally and remotely). Even worse, it won't stop retrying, so the longer I keep it open the more it duplicates the mails in the archive folder.

I configured my Hotmail account with Thunderbird 38.1.0. After downloading all of my emails from the server, I tried to archive all my email from 2007 (about 1300 messages). Thunderbird moved the local mails to an archive folder, and succeeded to create the archive folder in Hotmail and create the mails there, but failed to delete the mails from the inbox. So, next thing Thunderbird does is redownload all of the deleted mails, since its trying to synchronize the inbox with the server. Up to this point it wouln't be so bad. I'd just have to delete the archive folder and retry. But then, it looks like Thunderbird retries the operation, getting the same result, and adding duplicates of all the messages in the archive folder (both locally and remotely). Even worse, it won't stop retrying, so the longer I keep it open the more it duplicates the mails in the archive folder.

Toate răspunsurile (1)