Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Google desktop query does not open FF like it did before Win 10

AndyS01

When I type a query into the google desktop popup, it does not open the results in FF (or any other browser). FF is my default browser.

When I type a query into the google desktop popup, it does not open the results in FF (or any other browser). FF is my default browser.

All Replies (1)

Chosen Solution

AndyS01 said

When I type a query into the google desktop popup, it does not open the results in FF (or any other browser). FF is my default browser.

Hello Andy,

I'm not sure what you mean by "google desktop popup" - but as your problem does not seem to be related to Firefox (as it's the same in any other browser); maybe this would be a better place for you to post your question :

https://support.google.com/websearch/?hl=en#topic=3378866