Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no site de suporte

Evite golpes de suporte. Nunca pedimos que você ligue ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone, ou compartilhe informações pessoais. Denuncie atividades suspeitas usando a opção “Denunciar abuso”.

Saiba mais
Esta discussão foi arquivada. Faça uma nova pergunta se precisa de ajuda.
Arquivado

Import Custom Root CA

Sydney

Import Custom Root CA

Hello,

I generated a custom CA and used it to sign a server cert. I imported it in the system trusted-ca (ArchLinux). Chromium, Falkon and cURL all accept the custom cert but Firefox does not.

The Root CA is listed in the Certificate/CA list of Firefox (as System Trust) and IS trusted to authenticate web servers.

Nonetheless, Firefox keeps displaying the SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN error claiming that jellyfin.media.0 is not part of the trusted names which are jellyfin.media.0, ....

I'm using Firefox 75.0 (distributed by manjaro).

I believe that this problem is Firefox related since the cert works with other browser and curl. Thank you for your help!

Import Custom Root CA Hello, I generated a custom CA and used it to sign a server cert. I imported it in the system trusted-ca (ArchLinux). Chromium, Falkon and cURL all accept the custom cert but Firefox does not. The Root CA is listed in the Certificate/CA list of Firefox (as System Trust) and IS trusted to authenticate web servers. Nonetheless, Firefox keeps displaying the SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN error claiming that jellyfin.media.0 is not part of the trusted names which are jellyfin.media.0, .... I'm using Firefox 75.0 (distributed by manjaro). I believe that this problem is Firefox related since the cert works with other browser and curl. Thank you for your help!

Todas as respostas (1)

Firefox uses its own certificate store and not the OS certificate store, so you need to import this root certificate in the Firefox Certificate Manager and set the appropriate trust bit(s) when prompted.

  • Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security
    Certificates: View Certificates -> Authorities -> Import