My email will not open, although I can see I have mail, after restart.
There was an outage in my neighborhood today. My wireless adapter had to be restarted. Now my Thunderbird program will not allow me to open my email and it just keeps showing the green loading line at the bottom of the screen. I can see there is email in the inbox, but I cannot open the mail when I click on it.
Todas as respostas (3)
you restarted the adapter, what about the computer than uses it. everything probably needs to be restarted.
Yes, I restarted the computer AND the adapter. Everything else is working and now I have to go directly to the Yahoo site to do email, but I prefer the Thunderbird site. Any other suggestions?
Sometimes, the ORDER in which you restart/power-up the different components is critical.
What OS are you using? Is your wireless adapter internal, or external?
I'd suggest the following:
1) Turn everything off dead-cold, as in unplugged. 2) Plug in the computer, boot it up, and see if everything works as expected 3) Pub in the adapter (if external) and turn it on.
Unfortunately, some systems want the opposite order: The want every piece of external gear plugged in and turned on BEFORE the computer gets booted.
If you have an alternate connection to the internet (ethernet cable to an internet port, a physically different adapter), you should try that if nothing else works.
You've probably already heard this a million times, but you should get a small UPS (Uninteruptible Power Supply) for your system. The UPS plugs into the wall, and the computer plugs into the UPS. If the power goes out, the UPS will provide enough power to let you shut your system down gracefully. As opposed to catastrophically, which can happen with a power failure.
I hope some of this helps!