Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Zarchiwizowany

clicking my bookmarks opens a sidebar rather than taking me to that page, why?

dragonfan

I recently bought a new netbook (withing the last two weeks). I added Firefox as it is my preferred browser. I bookmarked several sites (google, my author pages, lolcats) and added them to the toolbar. When I click the toolbar button for one of these sites, or go through the bookmark button to get to one of these sites, a sidebar opens rather than the tab I'm using going to the site. I have no idea why.

I recently bought a new netbook (withing the last two weeks). I added Firefox as it is my preferred browser. I bookmarked several sites (google, my author pages, lolcats) and added them to the toolbar. When I click the toolbar button for one of these sites, or go through the bookmark button to get to one of these sites, a sidebar opens rather than the tab I'm using going to the site. I have no idea why.

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (3)

Opening in the side bar is the default for bookmarks that are created via a link or button on a website.
You can check the Properties of a bookmark via the right-click context menu in the side bar (Ctrl+B; Cmd+B on Mac).
In the Bookmarks Manager (Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks) you can click the More button in the Details pane at the bottom right.
Make sure that "Load this bookmark in the side bar" is not selected.

Yes that fixed it! Thank you!

You're welcome