Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zarchiwizowany

Can't send emails but I can receive them with TB

rvynerp

I can't send emails and I get this message -

Sending of the message failed. Unable to authenticate to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.btinternet.com. Please check the password and verify the 'Authentication method' in 'Account Settings | Outgoing server (SMTP)'. I have checked the outgoing settings for password and it says normal password. This problem started when I changed my BT email password

I can't send emails and I get this message - Sending of the message failed. Unable to authenticate to Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.btinternet.com. Please check the password and verify the 'Authentication method' in 'Account Settings | Outgoing server (SMTP)'. I have checked the outgoing settings for password and it says normal password. This problem started when I changed my BT email password

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (2)

If you told Thunderbird to remember your account password, try to delete the old password. At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button ≡ > Settings > Privacy & Security > Passwords > Saved Passwords

Select the SMTP password for your BT account - Remove. Thunderbird should then prompt you for the new password the next time you attempt to send a message.

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Excellent christ1 I followed your instructions and found an old saved password listed below my new password. When I deleted it, I could now send emails. Well done you.