Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zarchiwizowany

Firefox on Fedora: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY

dr.nukular

Hi,

I can't open certain https pages using Firefox (firefox-57.0.1-1.fc27) on Fedora 27. I get the following error message: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY.

This only happens if I install Firefox through the fedora repository. If I install Firefox manually using the tar.bz2 archive, I don't have that problem.

Could anyone explain to me the difference and the reason for that odd behavior? How can I solve the problem?

Hi, I can't open certain https pages using Firefox (firefox-57.0.1-1.fc27) on Fedora 27. I get the following error message: NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY. This only happens if I install Firefox through the fedora repository. If I install Firefox manually using the tar.bz2 archive, I don't have that problem. Could anyone explain to me the difference and the reason for that odd behavior? How can I solve the problem?

Zmodyfikowany przez dr.nukular w dniu

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (3)

Wybrane rozwiązanie

May need to install or update to current NSS package for the distro build of Firefox to work.

Zmodyfikowany przez James w dniu

Great, that solved the issue. Thanks.

I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, *Please select the answer that solves the problem*. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution more easily. Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.