Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Thank you. I would like to know the specific steps for addressing both the error state shown, and the TLS logging

chopeevs

Thank you. I’m not a technical person and so could you please share the specific and safe steps which will resolve both the error state shown, and the TLS logging issue without creating any other unintended consequences. I don’t want create any additional problems while trying to address these two issues. Thank you

Thank you. I’m not a technical person and so could you please share the specific and safe steps which will resolve both the error state shown, and the TLS logging issue without creating any other unintended consequences. I don’t want create any additional problems while trying to address these two issues. Thank you

All Replies (8)

This is probably misplaced post from support.mozilla.org/questions/1610828

Part I. is already explained in the previous question (=contact the bank), I'll leave Part II. to someone with Windows as requested in the thread.

Endret av jbr

Thank you. The bank was of no use.

Only the site operator can change the way how they open or embed other sites.

Explained in support.mozilla.org/questions/1579173 and user workaround shown in support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1591204

This is the message which appears in my Mozilla Firefox Settings Page at the top. The "learn More" link just talks about: Troubleshoot network errors when TLS key logging is enabled Firefox Created: 6/25/26 38% of users voted this helpful

Firefox may display a “Your connection may not be private” warning on certain network error pages.

This warning appears when the SSLKEYLOGFILE environment variable is present on your system. This setting is designed to be used for debugging encrypted network traffic.

Some antivirus and security products use SSLKEYLOGFILE to inspect HTTPS connections.

In some cases, these tools can interfere with secure connections and cause networking problems in Firefox. I have no idea howto find and get rid of the root causes for this message to appear on my Mozilla Firefox Settings Page. If someone, knows how to do that , please let me know. Thank you.

Hi chopeevs,

You don't need to change anything in Firefox's advanced settings to start investigating this. The warning means Firefox has detected that TLS key logging is enabled on your computer. This is normally used for debugging encrypted connections, and some antivirus or security programs can enable it.

First, could you tell us which antivirus or internet security software you're using, apart from Windows Security, if any? Also, does the warning appear only on certain websites, or is it just displayed at the top of the Firefox Settings page?

If you're using third-party security software, check whether it has a feature called HTTPS scanning, encrypted connection scanning, or web protection. Don't disable your antivirus entirely. If we identify a relevant feature, we can look at the software's specific instructions before changing anything.

You can find Mozilla's explanation here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/sslkeylogfile-warning

If you are using Windows, we can also check whether the SSLKEYLOGFILE environment variable is set. I would recommend identifying which program created it before removing or changing it, since it may have been configured intentionally by security software.

The warning alone doesn't mean your computer is infected, but it's worth finding out which program enabled the setting.

Thank you Max. In response to your questions: I'm using Firefox Version 157 and Norton 360 Standard Version 26.9.11171. In Norton 360's Safe Web settings, there is HTTPS scanning and other settings. I disabled each of those settings individually to see if that made a difference. It did not! Firefox Troubleshooting Mode does not eliminate the warning. The warning appears on Firefox network-error pages, including when the internet is disconnected or I enter an incorrect URL. Troubleshooting already completed 1. Norton Safe Web HTTPS scanning was disabled and re-enabled without resolving the issue. 2. QUIC/HTTP3 scanning, WebSocket Protocol Scanning and DNS/DoH scanning were individually tested without resolving it. 3. Firefox Enterprise Policies are inactive. 4. I found no SSLKEYLOGFILE entry in either Windows User Variables or System Variables. 5. Norton and Dell malware scans found no malware. 6. The warning also occurs when I connect through a mobile phone hotspot rather than through my Internet Service Provider. QUESTIONS: 1. Can the environment variable be inherited by Firefox from a parent process or injected into its running process even when it is absent from the Windows User and System Variables? 2. What is the safest way to identify which process or security product is setting it on Windows 11? 3. Is there a known interaction between Firefox 157 and Norton 360 Standard that could explain this behavior? 5. What evidence should I collect to distinguish a Norton issue from a Firefox issue without disabling security protections or modifying Windows settings?

I am not looking to disable security features indiscriminately. I want to identify the actual root causes and, if Norton is responsible, determine the precise setting that needs attention. I would particularly appreciate a response from a contributor with Windows networking, Firefox TLS or security-software diagnostic experience. Thank you.

I am using Windows 11 Home. Norton 360 overrides Windows Defender and therefore controls my laptop for security. Norton 360 also has a firewall which like Anti-Virus is always enabled. If there are any further questions. please let me know and I'll get back to you. Please note that I'm not a technical person. So, I'm struggling with this. Thanks

Still et spørsmål

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.