Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

box asking if Mozilla Firefox can make changes to the computer harddrive

jillmitchell

A box appeared on the screen asking if Mozilla Firefox can make changes to the computer harddrive. I contacted Trend Micro Security and they said Mozilla Firefox wouldn't want to make changes on my harddrive. I have just paid for a technician to remove viruses on my computer so I am now very suspicious of anyone who wants to change the harddrive. Trend Micro again cleared my computer of viruses but I want to know if the box requesting to make changes came from Mozilla.

A box appeared on the screen asking if Mozilla Firefox can make changes to the computer harddrive. I contacted Trend Micro Security and they said Mozilla Firefox wouldn't want to make changes on my harddrive. I have just paid for a technician to remove viruses on my computer so I am now very suspicious of anyone who wants to change the harddrive. Trend Micro again cleared my computer of viruses but I want to know if the box requesting to make changes came from Mozilla.

Alle antwoorden (2)

Firefox needs to be allowed to make changes to your hard drive to save cookies, bookmarks, browser history, passwords, etc.

Check that you do not run Firefox as Administrator.
Right-click the Firefox desktop shortcut and choose "Properties".
Make sure that all items are deselected in the "Compatibility" tab of the Properties window.

  • Privilege Level: "Run this program as Administrator" should not be selected
  • "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" should not be selected

Also check the Properties of the firefox.exe program in the Firefox program directory.