Windows 10 bereikte EO (einde ondersteuning) op 14 oktober 2025. Als je Windows 10 gebruikt, lees dan dit artikel.

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Zoeken in Support

Vermijd ondersteuningsscams. We zullen u nooit vragen een telefoonnummer te bellen, er een sms naar te sturen of persoonlijke gegevens te delen. Meld verdachte activiteit met de optie ‘Misbruik melden’.

Meer info
Deze conversatie is gearchiveerd. Stel een nieuwe vraag als u hulp nodig hebt.
Gearchiveerd

Do I have the right to see what code my OEM changed/added?

keal

As far as I understand it, Mozilla gives the source Firefox OS (and its updates) to OEMs (like ZTE) and they would have to adjust it to their devices and (hopefully) offer it as an update to their users.

As Firefox OS is Free/Libre Open Source Software, do I have the right to see the source code of the changes my OEM did to Firefox OS and its apps?

As far as I understand it, Mozilla gives the source Firefox OS (and its updates) to OEMs (like ZTE) and they would have to adjust it to their devices and (hopefully) offer it as an update to their users. As Firefox OS is Free/Libre Open Source Software, do I have the right to see the source code of the changes my OEM did to Firefox OS and its apps?

Alle antwoorden (1)

Hi keal, This is a great question. The builds hosted by the OEM will depend on the OEM. For example, as you mentioned ZTE hosts the builds on their site.

As for other OEMs, this will vary. I will ask if any of them do publish the changes.

EDIT: More info: The gaia portion gaia is mostly licensed under apache2, so they're not required to release changes there. There are some requirements for branding to only be able to make certain changes. As for the gecko most of the gecko core code is under mpl2, so they're required to share changes in core code and some of that code is also under the apache2. -thank you mwu.

Bewerkt door guigs op