Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

give me more options

MartySwartz1

I do not use all of Fire Fox or any other program. I like some of this and some of that, but like a tough business, you try and stop me from doing this. I HATE it when Fire Fox updates, it changes every thing I have set up for ME, not you. I have stopped all updates until I can take a look at them , but some times I just don't want what you are updating. I don't have my phone synced to my computer, so I don't want you trying to do it. I do not like, especially with Windows 11, all the jumps, changes to try and save my pass words unless I have a key. I don't want a key, just save my pass words. I know Fire Fox is owned and operated by Mozilla, but how can I separate you so I don't have you messing with the way I want things. I use Google, Fire Fox, DUCK DUCK, but I do not like Edge and Bing, but I like some of most of them. I know you have a community of testers but that is not the average user. Some people rely on all the things you, Google, Windows, and Microsoft offer, but I do not think the majority of the users like this. Have you seen a lot of the comments about KEY, They weren't happy with it. So why force it on those of us who don't want it. GIve me my computer back and offer changes but don't force them on us

I do not use all of Fire Fox or any other program. I like some of this and some of that, but like a tough business, you try and stop me from doing this. I HATE it when Fire Fox updates, it changes every thing I have set up for ME, not you. I have stopped all updates until I can take a look at them , but some times I just don't want what you are updating. I don't have my phone synced to my computer, so I don't want you trying to do it. I do not like, especially with Windows 11, all the jumps, changes to try and save my pass words unless I have a key. I don't want a key, just save my pass words. I know Fire Fox is owned and operated by Mozilla, but how can I separate you so I don't have you messing with the way I want things. I use Google, Fire Fox, DUCK DUCK, but I do not like Edge and Bing, but I like some of most of them. I know you have a community of testers but that is not the average user. Some people rely on all the things you, Google, Windows, and Microsoft offer, but I do not think the majority of the users like this. Have you seen a lot of the comments about KEY, They weren't happy with it. So why force it on those of us who don't want it. GIve me my computer back and offer changes but don't force them on us

All Replies (1)

The complete browser sources are available, and are explicitly licensed so that anyone can take it, and customize to their liking. The infrastructure services are also open sourced so anyone can stand up their own local instance and connect to that instead. I'm not sure how that really resonates with the average user, but if you want to completely manage your browser builds yourself without any corporation that's the best option.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.