Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Firefox just updated and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings.

Kristina

Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but continue to open in browser. I even tried to set it to open in Adobe still opens in my browser.

Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but continue to open in browser. I even tried to set it to open in Adobe still opens in my browser.

All Replies (4)

Yes, but this is only about embedded PDFs. Normal PDFs still can be opened in a default viewer.

Yes. My tech team found a temporary workaround but that still takes me to a new window and I must download from it there which then opens in my viewer. (Not much different from downloading it when it opens in the browser time wise). My concern is the open in default viewer option in setting is no longer working.

To br precise, it's working, but not for embedded PDFs.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.