bookmarks multiply every day
I keep getting duplicates of all my bookmark folders. I delete the duplicates and the next day they are back. How can I fix this please
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Website Logon Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.116
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
I replied to your second post here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/980733
OOPs -Jeff beat me and the thread is is already locked.
This sounds rather odd. I do now of another thread where someone reports additional bookmarks mysteriously appearing.
I can understand some apparent problems; and possible causes, if any of this happens
- You are using Firefox Sync (That may create bookmarks)
- You try to delete Folders and the change does not take effect. (The database is locked or faulty)
- Or the change does not survive a restart of the Computer (Sometimes software creates the prior state)
- Any more details on exactly what happens ?
and whether any of the above seem to describe your problem ?
- When does this occur exactly ?
e.g.on Firefox Shutdown or Computer restarting for instance.
- Do all your folders and contents get duplicated ?
and does it occur every time Firefox is closed down (Or whatever the significant event.)
Two initial suggestions
- Check and attempt to repair the database using places maintenance
Also run the option from that add-on that produces a short report log, and paste it into your next reply. In fact please paste a log after the initial state,then after another couple of doublings; without you intervening to delete anything,
- Try Firefox in Safemode
Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
Modified by John99