can't save/download pages/files in FF 12.
A few days ago, my good old FF (12) stopped downloading and saving. Actually, in the download screen it looks as if it was downloaded (shows in its full size in the Download screen), but the 'open' option is gray and it can't be found in the download folder. Also, when using 'save as' for web pages, only the html folder (images, etc.) is found where saved, but its 'mate' (the htm file) is not, and the 'open' option (on download screen) is gray. I deleted the mimetype.rdf and the downloads.sqlite files; I disabled all the relevant FF addons, changed downloading folder etc.--- nothing helps. Do you have any idea? Thanks
Modified by rondo
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
I deleted the mimetype.rdf and the downloads.sqlite files;
I disabled all the relevant FF addons, changed downloading folder etc.--- nothing helps.
Have you searched for the files in other locations?? It looks like an external Windows program, or perhaps a Firefox add-on is automatically transferring the files to another predefined location, or deleting the files. You can check the latter by starting Firefox in Safe Mode.
Modified by dumdidadida
It is possible that your anti-virus software is corrupting the downloaded files or otherwise interfering with downloading files.