Is it possible to disable the JSON Viewer in Firefox Developer Edition?
Hi, I really love everything about Firefox Developer Edition, except the JSON viewer. I'm used to looking at plain formatted JSON like the JSON Formatter plugin provide. But, even thought I have installed JSON Formatter (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/json-formatter/?src=recommended), it only shows this tree/table-ish viewer that comes with Firefox Developer Edition. Is there any way to disable this feature and use a plugin for this, just as in Firefox ?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:73.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/73.0
I believe what you're looking for should be possible on Dev edition (I have Nightly and Stable installed and confirmed the following on both):
- enter "about:config" (without the quote marks) into your address bar and hit Enter
- read & accept the warning
- in the search bar located at the top of the page, copy/paste: "devtools.jsonview.enabled" (without quotes)
- click the toggle button to change from "true" to "false"
- restart Firefox
This will stop Firefox from changing the page content from raw JSON to it's own built-in JSON viewer and allow the add-on you mentioned to modify the raw JSON as desired.