I upgraded from FF 38 to 46 and found that the 38 about:config was over written and any changes that were made in 38 were lost; in particular I had set "browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML" and "browser.bookmarks.file". Is this a bug or intentional? In either case, if the files in the new are different and new rules have been added, then the files should be merged, not overwritten.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
They overwrite it every new update, I think. It particularly irks me that they keep enabling the spyware Hello.