Warning Unresposive Script when Importing HTML Files
I am attempting to import HTML files from one computer to a new one & keep getting 'Warning Unresponsive Script' messages. I have had at least 10 & each time have to press the 'stop script' button. I have no idea how long this is going to go on for. How do I stop this stupid unhelpful process & just import my HTML files?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Content Blocker Extension
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- Online Banking Extension
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Virtual Keyboard
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Can you post the whole error message for us? Or . . . .
In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
Do you mean importing an HTML bookmarks backup?
Try to click the continue button to see if it finishes the importing.
Do you know how many bookmark you have in this file?
Thanks for the replies. Sorry it's been a few days. I have had a few things to sort out with my new computer. The 'unresponsive script' message kept appearing repeatedly during the import process. After clicking 'stop script' about 6 times I gave up & abandoned the import process. Remember prior to each unresponsive script message Firefox would hang for 5-10mins. After half an hour I stopped the process & no bookmarks had been imported.
I didn't actually solve the problem but found a different solution by using Mozbackup to restore the profile instead of importing HTML's.
It should have worked though. I'd still like to know what was causing this..it might recur in the future. There are probably a couple of thousand bookmarks in the file (20 MB) but I am not aware of any size limitation.
It could be the file you were working on is corrupt.
Although Firefox is set up now, I'm going to try the import process again onto a a reinstall of Firefox on my old computer to see if the the problem recurs.
Although this isn't necessary now, I may need to import an HTML file in future
Same problem - always a chrome script - I don't even use Chrome sometimes it ends with different error #. I've tried importing from a backup & via HTML file same thing. Other question : if there are too many bookmarks ( from syncing I believe) how can I delete them from the HTML file? Thanks- FlaSunshine
Firefox uses the "chrome://" protocol to access its own internal files and also access files from extensions (no relation with Google Chrome).
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file (bookmarks, history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/