Download and install Skype,BUT cant hear anyoner and everything seems to be working OK,just my end I cant hear anyone
I have had Skype installed along with Firefox.Both were and I believe receint ones. I have tried to activate Skype,BUT I am unable to hear anyone that is speaking to me. I have checked all the Sype activators and they all seem to work I can see the mic working,I can see the speaker working,BUT nothing is coming out of the speaker. I am using Windows 7 with the latest Mozilla. I have checked all the plug ins and they all look ok,so my question is,why wont the system work and what have I done wrong. I am now stumped and do hope that some one can assist me.
Thanks in advance
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Open Skype and check all the settings. Your mic may be off.
Morning FredMcD. Done all that.Checked with another laptop and also bench computer and they both work all OK,its just my working laptop that dosent work.Its not working thru Firefox at all.
Please also see the common audio issues with Firefox. The Mixer may be necessary to set the default for a particular program. Fix common audio and video issues
Go to the web page. Once the page is loading, mouse to the address bar and Left click the icon. A window for displaying site information should come up. Select More Information. Now select Permissions. In the menu, find and check the plugins and options, make sure they are set properly.
Also, check the settings on the page itself.
Afternoon FredMcD, Still nothing.Check all those settings and all is OK.One hjad to be fixed BUT still the same as it was. I have checked the Skype on two the laptops and they are all OK,its just the one that I am on....I cant get any audio at all.I have checked all the connections,I have checked the settings thru Control panel and when I clicked onto Volume Mixer I was unable to activate Mozilla,so there must be a problem there somewhere. I await further instructions. Thank you
Okay, I thought the issue was with the microphone, but now you say it's the speakers. Check and make sure the speakers are working. See if an ear plug works. Check that your firewall, anti-virus and other software is not interfering.
I am assuming that the other you want to talk with is having no problem?
Just plugged in a headset and they worked well,BUT as soon as I went back to normal nothing,so I have no ideas.I am at a failure to sort this out.It has to be something small,BUT what the heck is it..... Everything is normal.......
Its right in front of you. If the plugin jack speaker works, but not the built in speaker . . . . . . . The internal speaker is broken. Use the ear plug until it gets fixed.
It could be the speaker is no longer working, or a loose wire.
Thank you Fred,BUT I shall still try and see why this is happening.There must be a way to get it back again...failing another laptop
Go to a computer store that has a tech department. Tell them the above. They will tell you it is the speaker. A hardware problem. Not software.
This will be done soon. Thank you and have a greeat day.I still thought that it was something more simple,as i tried to listen to You Tube lasty nigh (our time) and the same thing.....so I guess that it is the internal speaker.
There is no hurry. You can use the plug in until you get around to it.
I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, please select the answer that solves the problem. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution more easily.
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.