This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
display issues in XP with Firefox
I just installed Firefox browser to an old XP machine. I am having display issues: sideways lines and "double vision" even on the home page. I know I have an old video card. That has caused sideways lines in videos before. This is a computer my husband uses and loves! I know its a dinosaur. Besides videos in kids programs, I never have had any display problems just browsing the web. And I can watch YouTube videos just fine in my other browsers.
Actually, it was as simple as updating Java.Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (3)
Please try the following:
- Install all Windows updates. Include service packs and all updates. You might need to run updates a few times.
- Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
If there are problems with Flash then you can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and try this:
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Actually, it was as simple as updating Java.