Thunderbird suddenly stopped receiving AT&T email ?
Earlier today I was able to access my AT&T email using Thunderbird. I have several email addresses & they worked. But later on I could not download any AT&T email. Interesting that my gmail address still works with TB.
I tried a few things - An AT&T address can send to the gmail address & the gmail does receive it. The gmail can send to an AT&T address. The gmail indicates it was sent, but the AT&T address never receives it.
It seems to be an AT&T problem so I went to the AT&T site & deleted the Secure Mail Key an created a new one. Did this on just one address. It can still send to the gmail address, however it still cannot receive anything.
When trying to receive any AT&T email, at the bottom of the screen it displays my address & “Connected to inbound.att .net”. That would seem to indicate I'm connected but just cannot get my email.
And suggestions on how to get TB working with AT&T email? Thanks.
Modified
All Replies (6)
I have the same problem. Email worked fine last night, cannot download email this morning. Get the following error message: "Could not connect to server inbound,att.net; connection refused". Can send email fine, can send and receive email with gmail, Was there an update between 10/4 pm and 10/5 am? This smells of an update gone wrong,
Something happened & I think it's on AT&T's end. I have 5 AT&T addresses & suddenly cannot receive email on any of them.
I don't play around with settings when something like this happens since I never changed anything to cause this. I usually wait a while & hopefully the problem gets fixed on the other end. I figured by now it would be fixed but it's not.
I Googled if AT&T was having a problem & the results come back saying they don't. Maybe it's too localized.
I'm in the Chicagoland area. Where are you located?
After spending many hours on the phone yesterday with at least 4 support reps, I find out you cannot talk to a real knowledgeable support rep. No one had access to the server logs to see what was causing the connection to be refused. I did get a website to visit to report an issue: att.com/myemailinfo. I filled out the form and there are a lot of questions that I could not accurately answer. Some were when was the account established and when was your password last changed. Another call to at&t and I find out that your best guess is fine. This am, still not email. To-nite, my email is now working with no changes on my part. The problem was with at&t, no idea as to the problem, but it now works.
I am near Charleston, SC.
Everything started working again for me. Some reddit comments suggested maybe something was wrong with the inbound.att.net certificate. I have no idea how that works.
It appears the problem was that AT&T revoked a certificate and didn't replace it until the next day. Things should be back to normal very soon.