Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Mulongo oyo etiyamaki na archive. Tuna motuna mosusu soki osengeli na lisalisi
Eza archivé

Are Firefox bookmarks saved for me online at Firefox or are they saved on my computer? When I install Firefox on a new computer, will I still have the bookmarks (if saved on Firefox) or are they lost to the old computer?

Dennymonst

Questions: Are Firefox bookmarks saved for me online at Firefox or are they saved on my computer? When I install Firefox on a new computer, will I still have the bookmarks (if saved on Firefox) or are they lost to the old computer? I have so many bookmarks that it would be horrible to start all over again. Is there another solution?

Thank you so much.

Questions: Are Firefox bookmarks saved for me online at Firefox or are they saved on my computer? When I install Firefox on a new computer, will I still have the bookmarks (if saved on Firefox) or are they lost to the old computer? I have so many bookmarks that it would be horrible to start all over again. Is there another solution? Thank you so much.

All Replies (2)

Bookmarks should not normally be lost as long as you are careful.

Bookmarks are stored on your computer, firefox also attempts to make some spare copies. Additionally sync allows you to temporarily store most of the information online at a firefox server, and synchronise the bookmarks between one or more machines, this means you effectively get to a situation where you have backups on multiple computers.

You can also relatively easily backup bookmarks, and other information if required, and manually transfer it between machines. See

(edit fixed sync link)

Ezalaki modifié na John99

You can use Firefox Sync to get your Firefox personal data from one PC to another.
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/what-firefox-sync

Keep in mind that Sync isn't intended to be a permanent backup or storage media, if a Sync account isn't used for a period of time the data may disappear.