Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Mulongo oyo etiyamaki na archive. Tuna motuna mosusu soki osengeli na lisalisi
Eza archivé

On Firefox 38, android version 5.0, the <audio> html5 tag is not working

vali123

The audio tag does not working/playing on the latest Firefox version from Android 5.0, Samsung (SM-G900F) Js code: var mp3Path = "/music.mp3"; var _audioTagSrc = document.createElement('audio'); _audioTagSrc.src = mp3Path; _audioTagSrc.play();

I set the mp3 file to "src" attribute. I get from audio error event the error message saying that the mp3 is not supported.

The audio tag does not working/playing on the latest Firefox version from Android 5.0, Samsung (SM-G900F) Js code: var mp3Path = "/music.mp3"; var _audioTagSrc = document.createElement('audio'); _audioTagSrc.src = mp3Path; _audioTagSrc.play(); I set the mp3 file to "src" attribute. I get from audio error event the error message saying that the mp3 is not supported.

All Replies (2)

Is the device running Android 5.0? There is a know issue blocking playback on that version of Android.

Yes, it's android 5.0 version. But on Android native browser and Chrome on the same device the audio is working.