Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved 보존

Bookmarks tab is too wide

ibbookin

I just installed Firefox 10.1 for the second time. The first time I was so aggravated with trying to find an answer to the wide and non-dropdown features in the Bookmarks tab that I went back to version 4.+. The Bookmarks tab is very wide, the various bookmarks won't drop down or once dropped down, I can't move the mouse back to another bookmark. Mac OS 10.5.8

I just installed Firefox 10.1 for the second time. The first time I was so aggravated with trying to find an answer to the wide and non-dropdown features in the Bookmarks tab that I went back to version 4.+. The Bookmarks tab is very wide, the various bookmarks won't drop down or once dropped down, I can't move the mouse back to another bookmark. Mac OS 10.5.8

모든 댓글 (5)

선택된 해결법

That can be caused by having some bookmarks with a long title in the main Bookmarks menu.
The width of a column in the Bookmarks menu list is in current Firefox versions automatically adjusted to fit the bookmark with the longest name.
You can check the names of the bookmarks and make the longer ones shorter.

Thanks! That was the answer. I have a lot of work to do!!

I have gone back to FF 3.6 because of this same problem with all later versions... words are spaced F A R apart making it really hard to read the bookmark drop down lists, tabs, etc. I am not going to go through hundreds of bookmark names to shorten just a few that may be too long, takes too much time that I just don't have, especially when I have no idea how many characters are allowed before the problem is triggered. FF can either fix this or lose a user.

I can sympathize. It did take the time to shorten my bookmarks. The worst ones were the miscellaneous bookmarks I didn't have in folders. Most of them were old so I deleted them. Good luck!

I did the easy thing.... installed Opera. It transferred my bookmarks with no problem and it's a lot faster.