Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
보존

Google APIs message

stkm04

I had posted the following question in a different thread but was notified that I should create a separate thread:

Since upgrading TB to 78, when starting the program a window pops up asking me for my Google credentials "htts://google.com is requesting your username and password. The site says: Google APis".

However, I do not have TB linked to Google at all, neither to gmail nor gcalendar.

How can I get rid of this annoying message?

Thanks!

FIXED: Meanwhile I found the solution which I want to document here.

When upgrading to a new TB version, the registry is obviously not cleaned up. So, what happened is that a long time ago (a couple of years ago) I had connected TB to Google calendar using the Lightning add-on. But I did not use that add-on any more since then. However, the Registry still contained the old Lightning-add-on information.

Now with TB 78 it seems that the now integrated calendar module tried to access that information based in the registry entries. What I did to solve this is to go into the Registry, "reset" all the calendar.extension related entries, and restart TB which deleted those entries. This solved the problem.

I had posted the following question in a different thread but was notified that I should create a separate thread: ****************** Since upgrading TB to 78, when starting the program a window pops up asking me for my Google credentials "htts://google.com is requesting your username and password. The site says: Google APis". However, I do not have TB linked to Google at all, neither to gmail nor gcalendar. How can I get rid of this annoying message? Thanks! **************** FIXED: Meanwhile I found the solution which I want to document here. When upgrading to a new TB version, the registry is obviously not cleaned up. So, what happened is that a long time ago (a couple of years ago) I had connected TB to Google calendar using the Lightning add-on. But I did not use that add-on any more since then. However, the Registry still contained the old Lightning-add-on information. Now with TB 78 it seems that the now integrated calendar module tried to access that information based in the registry entries. What I did to solve this is to go into the Registry, "reset" all the calendar.extension related entries, and restart TB which deleted those entries. This solved the problem.

모든 댓글 (3)

To avoid confusion, I think you meant the TB Config. editor in Options/General, not the 'Registry', which usually refers to the Windows registry. Although it shouldn't be necessary, I recommend creating a new profile for every major TB release, roughly once each year.

Yes, I meant the TB Config.editor Thanks for the clarification.

One question about your recommendation to create a new profile once a year: Is there a way to "carry over" the account information, that is log in info (name, PW) and emails stored in local folders? If not, that would be really tedious to do...

I just add the accounts manually to the new profile and download the folders from IMAP servers. Local mail can be transferred by copying the mbox files into Mail/Local Folders of the new profile. Other data like contacts, calendars can also be transferred.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Thunderbird