Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla 도움말 검색

고객 지원 사기를 피하세요. 저희는 여러분께 절대로 전화를 걸거나 문자를 보내거나 개인 정보를 공유하도록 요청하지 않습니다. "악용 사례 신고"옵션을 사용하여 의심스러운 활동을 신고해 주세요.

자세히 살펴보기
Solved 보존

Ctrl + Arrow doesn't move to next special character, (slash, dot...)

Mateo Arboleda

I am used to user Ctrl + Arrow to move in a text, a search bar, etc with Ctrl + Right/Left, and this works with words, or some characters, such as slash or dot (/ .), but in firefox this only works for the words, that is, the space character. I want to be able to move to the next character of those, because for example in an URL like this

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/desktop/

If i use Ctrl + Right/Left, it moves to the end or start of the URL, not the the specific slash, and I would like that behavior.

I am used to user Ctrl + Arrow to move in a text, a search bar, etc with Ctrl + Right/Left, and this works with words, or some characters, such as slash or dot (/ .), but in firefox this only works for the words, that is, the space character. I want to be able to move to the next character of those, because for example in an URL like this https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/desktop/ If i use Ctrl + Right/Left, it moves to the end or start of the URL, not the the specific slash, and I would like that behavior.

모든 댓글 (2)

선택된 해결법

Hi Mateo, on Windows the cursor stops just after the / in a URL. Could you check/experiment with the following setting:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste word_ and pause while the list is filtered

(3) If the layout.word_select.stop_at_punctuation preference is set to false, double-click it to toggle the value to true

There is also a preference related to underscores.

Any improvement?

That's exactly what I wanted, thanks.