Showing questions for topic:

Disable the latest update theme color and round corners

I would like to disable the recent update at settingbrowser.nova.enabled. The purple-pink colors and rounded corners are VERY hard for me to see. I need the gray backgr… (read more)

I would like to disable the recent update at settingbrowser.nova.enabled. The purple-pink colors and rounded corners are VERY hard for me to see. I need the gray background, black writing, and square corners back. Thank you.

Open 2

How to revert to previous UI?

Ok this latest UI appearance change is absolute dog feces. I hate it so much! It's so ugly! How do I change it back? I did not consent for my eyeballs to be assaulted lik… (read more)

Ok this latest UI appearance change is absolute dog feces. I hate it so much! It's so ugly! How do I change it back? I did not consent for my eyeballs to be assaulted like this. Did I mention it sucks? How do I change it back? 157.0.0.11

Solved 13 61 235

Menu font too small

I'm not sure what combination of keys I accidentally pressed but now the font in my menus (main, contextual, sidebar, bookmarks, etc.) is so tiny. How can I fix this? … (read more)

I'm not sure what combination of keys I accidentally pressed but now the font in my menus (main, contextual, sidebar, bookmarks, etc.) is so tiny. How can I fix this?

Open 1

In Firefox 157, how to revert back to the look of Firefox 156 or earlier?

The new look of Firefox 157 is very bad, in many ways. I am not talking only about esthetics, but Functionality. Too much distance between tabs, etc. Is it possible to r… (read more)

The new look of Firefox 157 is very bad, in many ways. I am not talking only about esthetics, but Functionality. Too much distance between tabs, etc.

Is it possible to revert back to the look of Firefox 156 or earlier?

Solved 9 35 204

Private Browsing doesn't respect themes for window header and new tab page

So I just updated to the newest version of Firefox today as of 10-5-26. Except that the purple new tab screen and header for private browsing windows that I really quite … (read more)

So I just updated to the newest version of Firefox today as of 10-5-26. Except that the purple new tab screen and header for private browsing windows that I really quite liked is not only gone, but the color that's replaced such is nearly black, making it not only much harder to see anything, but overall far worse to look at. Even worse, it doesn't change from such hardly at all regardless of theme, preventing me from correcting it.

I've attached a copy of the previous version of the new tab screen for private browsing that I managed to find for reference purposes, although such doesn't have the header included.

I would also like to take the time say that I've used Firefox for more than a decade, and I think because I haven't had an issue that's been remotely this bad to warrant creating an account to report such says something about how well Firefox has been working for me.

Open 1

Can I move elements of menu bar around, or add new elements?

Hello, apparently with the newest update to Firefox, they decided to change locations for elements like the sidebar and extension icons and the forward and back arrows. I… (read more)

Hello, apparently with the newest update to Firefox, they decided to change locations for elements like the sidebar and extension icons and the forward and back arrows. Is there any way to change these back to their previous locations (e.g., forward/back arrows on left side of search bar)? Also, I appear to be missing the icons for refreshing a page and opening a downloaded document. Where can I find these and how do I add them back to my header bars? I didn't find anything under the Settings menu.

Any help appreciated, as these apparently tiny changes are driving me crazy. I especially miss the refresh and open download buttons.

Thank you!

Open 1

Reverting Firefox Design Updates

Hi, I'm autistic and I find the new design updates really, really disturbing and I need to change it back to the old design. I read on the help article for reverting to o… (read more)

Hi,

I'm autistic and I find the new design updates really, really disturbing and I need to change it back to the old design.

I read on the help article for reverting to older versions that it'd be better to ask if there's a workaround instead of downgrading because of the security issues, so yeah does anyone know how to revert to the previous Firefox design and maintain the current version of the browser?

By the new design, I mean the roundness of everything and the teardrop shapes for whatever's left.

I'm still gonna revert back for now but hopefully there's a fix I can use.

Solved 2 2

Version 157.0 tabs and sidebar don't hide

I just updated to Firefox Version 157.0 and set up vertical tabs on the left side and love it. I also have "Hide tabs and sidebar" clicked which I assumed would hike the … (read more)

I just updated to Firefox Version 157.0 and set up vertical tabs on the left side and love it. I also have "Hide tabs and sidebar" clicked which I assumed would hike the sidebar until I moved my cursor to the left. That doesn't happen. The icons for the various tabs remain displayed. Am I wrong to assume that this setting means the sidebar will be hidden until the cursor is moved to this area?

Thanks for your input.

Solved 2

How to revert to a previous UI version?

I cannot seem to revert the changes done to the Firefox User Interface completely. I have set browser.nova.enabled to false, which reverted some changes, but the address … (read more)

I cannot seem to revert the changes done to the Firefox User Interface completely. I have set browser.nova.enabled to false, which reverted some changes, but the address bar and the bar of which the websites are (which I do not know the technical name of) are still "squished". Is there a way to fix this? Thank you for your time, -Sargent Venipede

Solved 2 1 50

PLEASE!!! RETURN THE OLD TABS!

The new, awkwardly rounded tabs are just awful, and on top of that, you can’t change them anymore. Please bring back the old MINIMALISTIC and STRAIGHTFORWARD look of the … (read more)

The new, awkwardly rounded tabs are just awful, and on top of that, you can’t change them anymore. Please bring back the old MINIMALISTIC and STRAIGHTFORWARD look of the tabs, I’m begging you. I used Firefox only because of its minimalist style. Why are they forcing this incomprehensible THING on me without the option to choose the visual style myself?(((

Solved 4 12 92

How do I move address bar back to top?

I just upgraded to version 157.0. It seems to have arbitrarily swapped the positions of the tab strip (now on top) and address bar (now on bottom). How can I switch thes… (read more)

I just upgraded to version 157.0. It seems to have arbitrarily swapped the positions of the tab strip (now on top) and address bar (now on bottom). How can I switch these back so that the address bar is on top and the tab strip is underneath?

Open

does winaero work, and is it safe?

since i got windows 11, the scroll bars are so narrow that i can barely see them! i've widened them before in the registry (gasp!) but evidently that's not possible anym… (read more)

since i got windows 11, the scroll bars are so narrow that i can barely see them! i've widened them before in the registry (gasp!) but evidently that's not possible anymore. i'm not sure if it's because of the latest firefox update, windows 11, or google. i've seen references to winaero as a program that might help me do this. will it work? is it safe? thanks!


(if i'm in the wrong forum to ask this Q, please transfer me. thanks.)

Open

rounded corners

Hi, I'd like to remove the rounded corners ( they are too big) everywhere in the Firefox browser. The suggestions I've found online aren't helping me. Do you have a solut… (read more)

Hi, I'd like to remove the rounded corners ( they are too big) everywhere in the Firefox browser. The suggestions I've found online aren't helping me. Do you have a solution for beginners?

Solved 9 15 10