I just installed Firefox (88.0) on a brand new Surface Pro, signed in to my Firefox Account, which gets me my stuff synced over, such as the Grammarly, LastPass and Pushb… (read more)
I just installed Firefox (88.0) on a brand new Surface Pro, signed in to my Firefox Account, which gets me my stuff synced over, such as the Grammarly, LastPass and Pushbullet extensions. I log into those respective applications as needed. I start browsing.
Now, when I open either of those extensions from the menu bar, they open their little in-place window. If I now touch anything in these windows, about 80% of the time the following happens:
- The little in-place window closes
- Firefox becomes unresponsive (menus, other controls, web pages, close window)
- This lasts for 60 seconds (reliably)
- If the extension is visible on the menu bar: problem happens
- If the extension is tucked away in ">>" (More tools...): no problem (this is also a decent-ish workaround)
Given that this affects multiple extensions, I'd expect this to be a Firefox issue. Also, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this (I have not been able to find logs).
Things I tried to no avail:
- Refresh (through installer)
- Cleaned out profile manually
- Tried extensions before logging them in
Thank you for your help.