Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

ძიება მხარდაჭერაში

ნუ გაებმებით თაღლითების მახეში. აქ არავინ უნდა მოგთხოვოთ ტელეფონზე დარეკვა, შეტყობინების გაგზავნა ან პირადი მონაცემების გაზიარება. რამე საეჭვოს შემჩნევისას გთხოვთ გვაცნობოთ „დარღვევის მოხსენებით“.

ვრცლად
გადაწვეტილი დაარქივებული

Why do i keep getting asked for a donation but never get the product downloaded?

John Monsen

Thunderbird has turned into a scam. Each time I try to download it for windows it takes me back to the donation page. I am on my third donation but it never trys to install.

Thunderbird has turned into a scam. Each time I try to download it for windows it takes me back to the donation page. I am on my third donation but it never trys to install.
პასუხის ნახვა სრულად

შერჩეული გადაწყვეტა

Hi John. Sorry you are having trouble. I have your explanation.

If you are downloading from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/all/, after you click the "download" button you should soon find the file in your Downloads folder. You need to click on that file for the install to begin.

A few seconds after clicking that button a donation page will appear, similar to what I have provided here. In some cases that page has been known to appear very quickly. There is no requirement to donate.

ყველა პასუხი (5)

No, you are wrong! On https://www.thunderbird.net/ the Thunderbird installer file ist first downloaded, and only when the download is finished the page automatically changes to a donation page. Probably you don't notice that the installer file has already been saved somewhere in your download folder. Same problem as in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1563196

I can't be wrong since I was reporting the THE EXACT EXPERIENCE I HAD. As to explanations of that experience there is nothing related to T-Bird in my download files. Now, you have inspired me to look for some other explanation. I did just upgrade to Windows Pro a few days ago. And I have been moving files to a new computer. So the problem may not be in T-Bird. Cheers.

შერჩეული გადაწყვეტა

Hi John. Sorry you are having trouble. I have your explanation.

If you are downloading from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/all/, after you click the "download" button you should soon find the file in your Downloads folder. You need to click on that file for the install to begin.

A few seconds after clicking that button a donation page will appear, similar to what I have provided here. In some cases that page has been known to appear very quickly. There is no requirement to donate.

p.s. you can contact the donation team using https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/donate/help/ to request a refund of your duplicate donations.

Please post to let us know that you understand, and that you got the assistance from the donor team.