what do i need to do so that firefox can be used on albertsons store website
Albertsons grocery store states they support firefox. However I can't use firefox I have all sorts of issues so I have to close firefox and use chrome. What do I need to do to get firefox to work at their grocery store website?
Thank you Diana
すべての返信 (8)
Hi Diana,
If Albertsons works correctly in Chrome but not in Firefox, we can check whether something in Firefox is interfering with the site.
First, try opening the Albertsons website in a Firefox Troubleshoot Mode window. Click the menu button, Help, Troubleshoot Mode, then Open. This temporarily disables extensions and some other customizations. If Albertsons works there, an extension or another customization is likely causing the problem.
You can also try clicking the shield icon to the left of the address bar while on the Albertsons website and temporarily turning off Enhanced Tracking Protection for that site. Some websites can have problems when Firefox blocks certain trackers or cross-site cookies.
If neither of those helps, please tell us what specifically goes wrong on Albertsons (for example, the page does not load, you cannot sign in, the shopping cart does not work, or checkout fails), and which version of Firefox and operating system you are using. That will help us narrow down the problem.
The first suggest works great! So can I do that every time I want to be on Albertsons and will it be safe?
Thank you so much
Diana
Hi Diana,
Yes, you can use Troubleshoot Mode when you need to visit Albertsons, but it isn't ideal as a permanent workaround. Troubleshoot Mode temporarily disables extensions and some Firefox customizations, so you may notice other features behaving differently while it's enabled.
Since Albertsons works there, that tells us something in your normal Firefox setup is likely interfering with the site. If you want, we can try to find the specific cause so you can use Albertsons normally without starting Troubleshoot Mode each time.
The next step would be to check your extensions and other Firefox settings.
Hi Max
How do the extensions get checked? Can you do a remote session where you can look and adjust? I am to PC dumb to do that.
Diana
Hi Diana,
No problem. I can guide you through checking the extensions, but I can’t remotely connect to or control your computer.
The easiest way to test whether an extension is causing the problem is Firefox’s Troubleshoot Mode. It temporarily disables all extensions, so you don’t have to work out which ones to turn off yourself.
Could you try this?
Click the three-line menu button in Firefox. Click Help. Select Troubleshoot Mode… Click Restart, then click Open when Firefox asks.
Then use Firefox normally and see if the problem still happens.
You won’t lose anything by doing this. When you restart Firefox normally, your extensions will be enabled again.
Let me know whether the problem still happens in Troubleshoot Mode, and I can take you through the next step.
we did this yesterday. It works great. But how do I know which extensions to disable to use firefox normally?
Diana
Hi Diana,
You don't need to guess which extension it is. We can find out by testing them one at a time.
Since Albertsons works when all extensions are disabled, Mozilla recommends enabling the extensions individually and testing the website after each one. When Albertsons stops working again, the last extension you enabled is the likely cause.
Please do this:
Start Firefox normally, not in Troubleshoot Mode. Click the three-line menu button. Click Extensions and themes, then Extensions. You will see your installed extensions with a blue switch beside each one. Turn one extension on, then open Albertsons and see if it still works. If it does, turn that extension back off and try the next one.
You don't need to remove anything. Turning an extension off only disables it, and you can turn it back on later.
so I don't know what happened but Albertsons works perfectly without turning off any extensions. I will do what your instructions are should issues arise again. Thank you sooo much.
Diana