Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
Solved

"This profile was last used with a newer version of this application. Please create a new profile."

ttraverz

My bank had me reinstall firefox. NOW I keep getting messages to create a new user because it shows I have previously logged in on a more recent version. I had used a version of 60 something and now I have something in the 40's (140.16.0 .Windows 11) I really hesitate to change users because I do not have a clear picture of what I will lose. Like bookmarks and saved stuff.

I would like to just stop the messages.

My bank had me reinstall firefox. NOW I keep getting messages to create a new user because it shows I have previously logged in on a more recent version. I had used a version of 60 something and now I have something in the 40's (140.16.0 .Windows 11) I really hesitate to change users because I do not have a clear picture of what I will lose. Like bookmarks and saved stuff. I would like to just stop the messages.
この回答をすべて読む

選ばれた解決策

Firefox tech explanation is whattrainisitnow.com that lists different release channels for different use–cases, systems and/or audiences.

Firefox user explanation is Choose a Firefox update channel and Firefox ESR release cycle — the currently outgoing 140esr will be replaced with already available 153esr in a few weeks anyway.

Your profile data from recent 156 release won't be compatible with either of the two slower branches (IIRC there were password encryption changes around v148 and v155, so going "backwards" even manually will mean passwords will get lost — the profile compatibility lock and protection is in place exactly for this purpose, to avoid any potential data loss).

I'd advise against similar downgrades, and if you need to test older versions on the side, to do that in isolation (I can share some links later).

The fix here is to download regular release from firefox.com and installing this current version over what you have — which should unblock your using the profile as a first step now.

(Or, if you don't have any stored passwords, you don't use sync with other devices etc., and want to try the forced downgrade after all, there are also some options that might yield some results if you're so inclined.)

すべての返信 (4)

You will lose bookmarks and saved stuff, and start with a clean slate.

Was there any specific reasons why the version downgrade?

The Chase Bank online application would not login. Tech support at Chase told me to reinstall with a specific link. I do not want to "lose" anything.

Maybe the question is actually how I had a version in the 60's, and the most up to date is in the 40's? Looking for Firefox tech explanation.

選ばれた解決策

Firefox tech explanation is whattrainisitnow.com that lists different release channels for different use–cases, systems and/or audiences.

Firefox user explanation is Choose a Firefox update channel and Firefox ESR release cycle — the currently outgoing 140esr will be replaced with already available 153esr in a few weeks anyway.

Your profile data from recent 156 release won't be compatible with either of the two slower branches (IIRC there were password encryption changes around v148 and v155, so going "backwards" even manually will mean passwords will get lost — the profile compatibility lock and protection is in place exactly for this purpose, to avoid any potential data loss).

I'd advise against similar downgrades, and if you need to test older versions on the side, to do that in isolation (I can share some links later).

The fix here is to download regular release from firefox.com and installing this current version over what you have — which should unblock your using the profile as a first step now.

(Or, if you don't have any stored passwords, you don't use sync with other devices etc., and want to try the forced downgrade after all, there are also some options that might yield some results if you're so inclined.)

質問する

投稿に返信するには あなたのアカウントにログイン する必要があります。まだアカウントをお持ちでなければ、新しい質問を開始 してください。