Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Misleading Sponsored Content on Firefox Start Page

gordonpetrides

I recently clicked on a "Thought-Provoking Stories" sponsored link on the Firefox homepage, expecting an informative article. Instead, I was taken to LendingTree, where I was asked increasingly personal financial questions, including my full address, email, and phone number.

I find this kind of sponsored content misleading and concerning, especially for a browser that promotes privacy and security. This process felt deceptive and overly aggressive in collecting user data.

I would like to know:

   How can I ensure that I do not see similar misleading ads in the future?
   Will Mozilla take steps to review and remove such advertisements from the Firefox homepage?

Thank you for your time.

I recently clicked on a "Thought-Provoking Stories" sponsored link on the Firefox homepage, expecting an informative article. Instead, I was taken to LendingTree, where I was asked increasingly personal financial questions, including my full address, email, and phone number. I find this kind of sponsored content misleading and concerning, especially for a browser that promotes privacy and security. This process felt deceptive and overly aggressive in collecting user data. I would like to know: How can I ensure that I do not see similar misleading ads in the future? Will Mozilla take steps to review and remove such advertisements from the Firefox homepage? Thank you for your time.

すべての返信 (2)

Does this work: on the new tab page, click the gear button (lower right corner, or on older versions, upper right corner). The categories that have sponsored content have a checkbox to opt in/out.

Ref. Customize items on your Firefox New Tab page

Yes it did in many ways solve the problem. But I still think that the misleading advert from LendingTree should not have been allowed even in "sponsored stories", leading unwary people on by asking first for general information, and then more and more specific data such as full street address, email address, phone number. Were they going to ask for SSN next?