Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Video downloads will only play and not actually download

amikos

I am trying to download videos from the LoC. These are free and open access, with a little download button on the video page. When I click to download, the video opens in a new screen, but never downloads to my computer. Same thing with internet archive; click on the correct file format in the download section and the window refreshes to play and doesn't download. I changed my settings to always ask what to do with downloads, to send files to my download folder and tried to select the actions for each kind of file format. Still having the same issue.

I am trying to download videos from the LoC. These are free and open access, with a little download button on the video page. When I click to download, the video opens in a new screen, but never downloads to my computer. Same thing with internet archive; click on the correct file format in the download section and the window refreshes to play and doesn't download. I changed my settings to always ask what to do with downloads, to send files to my download folder and tried to select the actions for each kind of file format. Still having the same issue.

すべての返信 (2)

That's has nothing to do with Firefox maybe contact the site that our getting the video from and ask them why it's not working.

amikos said

When I click to download, the video opens in a new screen, but never downloads to my computer.

If you mean the loc.gov site then when the video plays you can try right-clicking on video and "Save Video As" where you can rename the file before saving if you want.