Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Send Messages as plain text if possible ??

MalcolmHS

I am using Thunderbird V52.3 and wish to send messages in both HTML and Plain text. I have set my account's default compose setting to "Compose messages in HTML format" and in the Send Options window under Text Format I have selected "Send the message as both plain text and HTML". At the top of the Send Options window is an option to "Send messages as plain text if possible". Can anyone explain what that option does please? Surely it is always possible to send messages as plain text??

I am using Thunderbird V52.3 and wish to send messages in both HTML and Plain text. I have set my account's default compose setting to "Compose messages in HTML format" and in the Send Options window under Text Format I have selected "Send the message as both plain text and HTML". At the top of the Send Options window is an option to "Send messages as plain text if possible". Can anyone explain what that option does please? Surely it is always possible to send messages as plain text??
添付されたスクリーンショット

すべての返信 (1)

If your message contains any markup that needs html to render it, then the message will be sent using html.

You're right in that any message could be sent as "plain text only" if just the text were included and all else discarded. The "if possible" means that if you have done anything that requires html (and that could be as trivial as using bold in your text) then html will be used, ensuring that your decorations or formatting will be preserved.

This context-sensitivity can be quite annoying. If you have received a plain text message and reply to it, Thunderbird will open it in the plain text editor, making it impossible for you to use any features that rely on html. One of the nic-nac addons is quite handy in that it can be used to force html mode regardless.

If you want to guarantee that messages are sent using plain text, then clear that checkbox in the account settings.