How to open the settings/preferences window to window mode rather than in new tab?
In the new versions of Firefox, the general preferences/settings/options are opening in new tab. This is really painful when operating with multiple tabs.
Is there a way to revert this to the old way i.e. opening general options in different window?
Type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter. Toggle this pref to False - browser.preferences.inContent Restart Firefox.Leggere questa risposta nel contesto 3
Dettagli aggiuntivi sul sistema
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter. Toggle this pref to False - browser.preferences.inContent Restart Firefox.
After following the steps in the chosen solution for this problem, the problem is unchanged. Preferences still open in a tab rather than a window.
Firefox 42.0 Linux Mint 17.1 64 bit
That pref was removed from Firefox 42.
See this answer - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1092800#answer-803288