Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Dear M, the toolbar themes are worse than glass, how do I change the color of bar and tabs, so they become readable again?

panico.paul

Dear M, the toolbar themes are worse than glass, in readability

How do I change the color of bar and tabs, so I can spot the active tab without ruining my eyes and mood? (The only themes in 157 that are not from a child's dream are still useless, because the tabs have nearly the same color as the bar, and, as you pointed out, lack the previous visual accents like shadow or line.) I understand there is a very good reason to remove the old themes, but please explain how to change these two tings:

- tab bar and tabs brightness - bar colors or brightness (lower bar with address/search field and bookmarks bar)

Or better still, put back the theme I chose that gives me a dark mode fitting in with Mac apps. (Since I don't know if there is a backup, I cannot even figure out the values of old themes.)

Thank you

Dear M, the toolbar themes are worse than glass, in readability How do I change the color of bar and tabs, so I can spot the active tab without ruining my eyes and mood? (The only themes in 157 that are not from a child's dream are still useless, because the tabs have nearly the same color as the bar, and, as you pointed out, lack the previous visual accents like shadow or line.) I understand there is a very good reason to remove the old themes, but please explain how to change these two tings: - tab bar and tabs brightness - bar colors or brightness (lower bar with address/search field and bookmarks bar) Or better still, put back the theme I chose that gives me a dark mode fitting in with Mac apps. (Since I don't know if there is a backup, I cannot even figure out the values of old themes.) Thank you

All Replies (1)

Hi!

To change your active theme, visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/themes/ for a comprehensive search, or about:addons (alternatively, press Ctrl + Shift + A) through your address bar, clicking "Themes" on the left sidebar, and browsing until you find one you like! There is a search function at the top if you're looking for a specific colour combination. For your issue, I would emphasise searching terms related to contrast, or "Mac" themes as you said.

If they don't suit your fancy, you can also create your own through this extension by Firefox.. You are provided with preset themes, so you can pick one you like, and tweak it slightly to fit your preferences if you don't want to create an entire theme from scratch.

Let us know if you need more support or have any issues with the above.

Cheers!

Jụọ ajụjụ

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.