Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Echekwara

Can I move an existing tab to a container? If so, how?

HughHyatt

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of containers, but when I open a new tab, I can't always anticipate that I'm going to want to have a new container for whatever it is I'm doing.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of containers, but when I open a new tab, I can't always anticipate that I'm going to want to have a new container for whatever it is I'm doing.

All Replies (3)

Would you care to elaborate on this please as have no idea what you mean.

I don't think so. This is an issue I face as a Containers user myself. I'm sure that there is a bug open somewhere to do just this and there's extensions out there to enhance the functionality of Mozilla containers. I'm searching through AMO now. Hmm, going through a few add-ons, I noticed it might be possible to move a new tab from one container to another however this a security risk

I'll try this out now.

Ok, looks like it works. You can switch a non-container page into a container of your choice via Switch Containers add-on button and then go into the Firefox Multi-Accounts button and click the checkbox marked, "Always open in this container"

Edeziri site na mjbrm

Yes, using the Switch Container add-on works, although all tab history is lost in the process of switching the tab to another container.