Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cari Bantuan

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Pelajari Lebih Lanjut
Solved Diarsipkan

Where are my message filter definitions?

tierndog

I lost all my message filters when I had to redo my Thunderbird connection to Yahoo (because they recently changed their security). I want to avoid this in the future, so I need to make sure I can back up my filter settings.

The filters are kept in "msgFilterRules.dat". That file doesn't seem to exist on my PC. I checked my account settings to see what Thunderbird has for "Local Directory". The entry is: "C:\Users\tiern\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\mn5u78x1.default\ImapMail\imap.mail.yahoo-2.com". The folder "AppData" does not exist under "C:\Users\tiern".

Where are my filter definitions? Thunderbird version is 68.12.0.

I lost all my message filters when I had to redo my Thunderbird connection to Yahoo (because they recently changed their security). I want to avoid this in the future, so I need to make sure I can back up my filter settings. The filters are kept in "msgFilterRules.dat". That file doesn't seem to exist on my PC. I checked my account settings to see what Thunderbird has for "Local Directory". The entry is: "C:\Users\tiern\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\mn5u78x1.default\ImapMail\imap.mail.yahoo-2.com". The folder "AppData" does not exist under "C:\Users\tiern". Where are my filter definitions? Thunderbird version is 68.12.0.

Semua Balasan (1)

Solusi Terpilih

appdata it's a hidden folder. You can see it if you select on windows explorer to show hidden files. Or you can open it if you click on start (windows stat menu) write run - open that run app and write on that small field: %appdata%

Or directly from Thunderbird - Help - Troubleshooting Information - on profile area click open folder

Diperbarui oleh svlad2009 pada