Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Támogatás keresése

Kerülje el a támogatási csalásokat. Sosem kérjük arra, hogy hívjon fel egy telefonszámot vagy osszon meg személyes információkat. Jelentse a gyanús tevékenységeket a „Visszaélés bejelentése” lehetőséggel.

További tudnivalók
A témacsoportot lezárták és archiválták. Tegyen fel új kérdést, ha segítségre van szüksége.
Megoldva Archivált

Firefox crashes

helpmeplease8

I have been unable to open Firefox since I updated to the latest version several days ago. I keep getting the crash error message no matter what I do. I've sent reports dozens of times. I've uninstalled and downloaded the newest version several times with no success. I've temporarily disabled my internet security program and no success. If I shut down and restart in safe mode, Firefox works. I've been forced to use Internet Explore as my browser. I've tried re-setting Firfox, but that doesn't work either. I'm about to give up on Firefox. Please help.

I have been unable to open Firefox since I updated to the latest version several days ago. I keep getting the crash error message no matter what I do. I've sent reports dozens of times. I've uninstalled and downloaded the newest version several times with no success. I've temporarily disabled my internet security program and no success. If I shut down and restart in safe mode, Firefox works. I've been forced to use Internet Explore as my browser. I've tried re-setting Firfox, but that doesn't work either. I'm about to give up on Firefox. Please help.

Összes válasz (2)

Kiválasztott megoldás

Can you start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the Shift/Options key?

You can try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

  • Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"

You need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.

Note that there is a Firefox 33.0.1 release scheduled that addresses some hardware acceleration related crashes.

Thank you so much. I had been able to start it in safe mode and tried everything. Your suggestion of turning off the hardware accelerator worked like a charm! I was struggling with this problem for many days. I now have my Firefox back thanks to you!! I appreciate your help very much.